Location data privacy
- In User App we are fetching app user’s location data for showing near by available ambulance list for emergency help.
- In Partner app we are fetching location data to receive request for near by user and also track user location for better experience.
- We are collecting and storing location data in encrypted format and never share with any third party.
EHO Health Care Privacy Notice
EHO Health Care is committed to protecting your information. This privacy notice provides details about the information we collect about you, how we use it and how we protect it. It also explains your rights and how to contact us if you have questions about how we use your information?
Information about EHO
In this privacy notice, references to “EHO”, “EHO Hospitals”, “EHO Ambulance”, “we” or “us” or “our” are to Chyawan Ayurveda Health Care Pvt. Ltd. (a company incorporated under the laws of India) and its parent company and its subsidiaries (the “Shri Chyawan Group”).
Depending on where and how you interact with us (e.g. by using our Application or by walking into one of our Partner accommodations) different Hospitals, Ambulance and Clinic within EHO will process your information. You can find out more about the EHO that handle your information, including which company makes decisions about how your information is handled, by contacting us.
Scope of our privacy notice
This notice applies to anyone who interacts with us in relation to our products and services (“you”, “your”), via any channel (e.g. app, website, phone, walk-ins to EHO branded hospitals/clinic, appointment booking an EHO branded hospitals/clinic/Dr. via a third party user, etc.).We may give you additional privacy notices if required for specific interactions.
This privacy notice applies to individuals who enquire about, purchase or make use of our product and services, such as when a user signup with EHO, modifies her/his account, makes an appointment/booking (whether through our app, website, in person or via any other way), requests on-demand services, contacts customer support, stays at EHO-branded hospitals/clinic/Dr. or otherwise communicates or interacts with EHO.
It describes how we handle your information, regardless of the way you contact us channel (e.g. app, website, phone, walk-ins to EHO branded hospitals/clinic, appointment booking an EHO branded hospitals/clinic/Dr. via a third party user, etc.).Sometimes we will provide you with additional information or notices, depending on the way we interact with each other, e.g. if you use particular functionality on our app, we may explain how that functionality uses your information.
EHO’s website and app is not aimed at children, and we do not allow children to book any appointment in hospitals or ambulance without a responsible adult. This privacy notice is therefore not aimed at children. If you provide us with information about your children, it is processed as described in this notice.
If you have any questions about this, please contact us.
Ways in which we obtain personal information
We obtain personal information from you through your interactions with us, including by telephone (please note that we record or monitor our calls for compliance and quality assurance purposes), via our websites, via our apps, via post, via social media or face to face e.g. in our EHO branded hospitals/clinic.
We also obtain your personal information from third parties such as:
- Others who book Hospitals/ambulance for you.
- Health Care worker.
- Health Service providers who work with us in relation to our product or service.
- If your work role involves you take care corporate employee Health services, third parties who identify you as the appropriate contact for marketing our services to your organization.
Categories of personal information
We process two categories of personal information about you and/or, where applicable, others whom you have booked hospitals/ambulance for, namely:
- Standard personal information (e.g. information we use to contact you, identify you or manage our relationship with you) ;
Purposes and lawful grounds of our processing personal information
We process your personal information for the purposes set out in this notice, based on the legal grounds set out under the text. Different legal grounds apply depending on what category of personal information we process. Standard personal information is normally processed by us on the basis that it is necessary for the performance of a contract, our or a third parties’ legitimate interests or law. Further information about this and special category processing grounds is set out below.
We process standard personal information about you on the basis that it is:
- Necessary for the performance of a contract: where we have a contract with you, we will process your personal information in order to fulfil that contract (i.e. to provide you and others you have booked hospitals/ambulance for with products and services).
>In our or third parties’ legitimate interests:
details of those legitimate interests are set out in more detail below.
- Where we are required to or is otherwise permitted by law
We process special category information because:
- Processing is necessary for reasons of substantial public interest, on the basis of law: for example, if you are taken ill or have an accident at your accommodation, we may have to keep a record of the incident for health and safety purposes;
- We have your consent: we would ask for any consent to process your special category data separately (your consent is not assumed simply because you have read this privacy notice);
- Processing is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of a legal claims
- We process your personal information for a number of legitimate interests, including providing you with services, administering our relationship with you, for marketing and service/product improvement purposes and in order to exercise our rights or handle claims. More detailed information about our legitimate interests is set out below.
- We process your personal information for the following legitimate interests (taking into account your interests, rights and freedoms):
- To provide and administer our products and services in respect of your booking, facilitate payments, send receipts and provide customer support;
- To administer our relationship with you, our business and our third-party providers (e.g. to investigate complaints, confirm that our providers have provided the correct service to you and invoiced correctly for them, etc);
- To ensure that you can interact with us securely, e.g. we authenticate users;
- To improve our services and develop new features for the EHO app, website and offering, including to troubleshoot software bugs and operational problems; to conduct data analysis, testing, and research; and to monitor and analyses usage and activity trends;
- To send you marketing that we think will be of interest to you (including information about products, services, promotions, news, and events) and to personalize your experience of us (in each case as permitted by law), including to identify your preferences, provide or recommend features, content, social connections, referrals, and advertisements. You can opt-out of marketing at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in any emails you receive, adjusting your device settings to block notifications or contacting us.
- To prevent fraud and abuse of our services;
- To exercise our rights and to defend ourselves from claims; or
- To participate in, or be the subject of, any sale, merger or acquisition or all or part of the EHO Health care.
- To ensure that the processing of personal information we carry out for the purpose of achieving these interests is proportionate, we have carefully balanced these legitimate interests and your interests and fundamental rights and freedoms. For further details of this balancing test, please contact us
Marketing and Preferences
We use your personal information to send you marketing by post, telephone, social media platforms, email, SMS, application notifications and silent notifications to track installation status of the application. We may also use your personal information to carry out online paid marketing activities in the nature of retargeting.
We also use technology to help us understand your personal preferences and interests so that we can send recommendations and marketing communications that are likely to be of more interest to you. Using technology in this way is sometimes known as profiling.
If you wish to unsubscribe from emails sent by us, you can do so at any time by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link that appears in all emails and by adjusting the settings on your device to turn off notifications from our app. Otherwise, you can always contact us at email@example.com to update your contact preferences. You may also object to profiling relating to direct marketing by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Analytics and Advertising Services Provided by Others
Third parties provide us with audience measurement and analytics services that analyses your online interactions (both with the EHO and other websites), serve you with tailored marketing and report on the performance of that marketing. We also use Google Place API to make suggestions based on your location or search strings.
Sharing your information
We share your information within the EHO, Shri Chyawan Group and with others who help us provide services to you . We also share your information in accordance with the law. For more information on whom we share your information with, please expand this section.
- Other members of the EHO & Shri Chyawan Group;
- With Hospital managers to enable them to provide the services you request, e.g. we share your name and expected check-in time;
- Third party suppliers who help deliver products or services on our behalf, or who have partnered with EHO in connection with services or a relevant promotional offering, as well as other apps or websites that integrate with our API or Services, or those with an API or Service with which we integrate;
- Your contact if you use a referral feature;
- The general public, if you submit content in a public forum, such as blog comments, social media posts, or other features of our services that are obviously viewable by the general public. For example, you may choose to use social sharing features and related tools which let you share your EHO experience with other apps, sites, or media, and vice versa. Your use of these features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on your social sharing service settings. Please refer to the privacy policies of those social sharing services for more information about how they handle the data you provide to or share through them.
- Third parties where we have a duty to or are permitted to disclose your personal information by law (e.g. law enforcement officials, government authorities);
With the police in the exercise of their functions or with others as required by a court order;
- Third parties in connection with any merger, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of the EHO and Shri Chyawan Group’s business, in which case personal data held by it about its customers or visitors to the website may be one of the transferred assets.
Where we share your personal information, appropriate protections will be in place to protect your personal information as required by data protection laws.
Transfers outside of your country
EHO uses global information systems. As a result, EHO transfers your personal information to a country outside of your country, including to India and Others, for the purposes set out in this policy. EHO takes steps to ensure that when your personal information is transferred internationally, it is subject to appropriate safeguards in accordance with data protection laws.
We retain your personal information in accordance with EHO’s records retention policies. However, there may be circumstances that mean we must retain your personal information for longer (e.g. if you make a claim in relation to an appointment/treatment).
We retain your personal information in accordance with EHO’s records retention policies.
In order to determine how long it is necessary to retain your personal information, we calculate retention periods in accordance with the following criteria:
- The currency of your relationship with us and the types of products or services you have with us;
- The length of time it is reasonable to keep records to demonstrate that we have fulfilled our obligations to you and under law;
- Any limitation periods within which claims might be made;
- Any retention periods prescribed by law or recommended by regulators, industry bodies or associations; and
- The existence of any relevant proceedings.
Data protection laws in the EEA and some other countries provide individuals with rights in relation to the information that EHO holds about them on some computer and paper records. These include rights to access, correct, delete, restrict the use of, object to the use of, port to another person, and withdraw consent to the use of, your information. Exceptions may apply to these rights.
The data protection laws in the EEA and in some other countries provide individuals with the following rights:
- Right of subject access: The right to make a written request for details of personal information we hold about you and to request a copy of that personal information.
- Right to rectification: The right to have inaccurate information about you rectified.
- Right to restriction of processing: The right to request that your personal information is only used for restricted purposes.
- Right to object: The right to object to the use of personal information (including the right to object to marketing and profiling relating to direct marketing).
- Right to data portability: The right to ask for personal information you have made available to us to be transferred to you or a third party in machine-readable formats.
- Right to data portability: The right to ask for personal information you have made available to us to be transferred to you or a third party in machine-readable formats.
- Right to withdraw consent: We do not normally rely on consent as a basis for processing your personal information. We will only ask for your consent in very limited circumstances and, if we do so, will make it obvious to you when we are asking for that consent and what that is for. You have the right to withdraw any consent you have given us to handle your personal information. If you withdraw your consent, this will not affect the lawfulness of use of your personal information prior to the withdrawal of your consent.
These rights may not apply in all cases. If we do not comply with your request, we will explain why. In response to a request, we will ask you to verify your identity if we need to, and to provide information that helps us to understand your request better. If you would like more information about your rights or to exercise any of your rights, please contact email@example.com.
Ambulance drivers are expected to represent EHO Ambulance and themselves in a responsible, ethical and reasonable manner when providing riders with safe and efficient ride services.
To ensure a strong driver performance rating and to avoid warnings or temporary off-roading from the EHO platform, it is critical for drivers to understand their obligations as listed below:
- With the exception of any COVID-19 related obligations for the purposes of identifying government restrictions:
- Driver must not ask the patient to cancel the ambulance request.
- Driver must not ask the patient’s drop location and once know, attempt to convince the patient in any manner, to cancel the ambulance/appointment request.
- Drivers should ensure their driver account does not have a high rate of cancellation activity.
- All Ambulance drivers are obligated by anti-discrimination laws in India, to permit Human service in their vehicles.
- Drivers should not decline trips due to a discriminatory reason such as a customer’s gender, religion, race or sexuality.
Understanding Cancellation fees
- Cancellation fee is charged to compensate drivers for the time, effort and fuel spent while trying to reach the pickup location.
- A User/patient may be charged a cancellation fee if*:
- The estimated time of arrival of the driver is less than 20 minutes and the user cancels the booking 10 minutes or later after the booking has been accepted by the driver; or
- The estimated time of arrival of the driver is 20 minutes or more and the user cancels the booking 20 minutes or later after the booking has been accepted by the driver; or
- The driver has already arrived at the pickup location; or
- The driver cancels the booking after waiting at the pickup location for 20 minutes or more.
- If a driver starts a booking ride they are ineligible to receive a cancellation fee for that same booking.
- Cancellation fee amount may vary depending on the user’s city and the ambulance selected.
- Cancellation fees charged to EHO Users will be paid to the Ambulance driver, less any commission.
- If a cancellation fee is applicable, the driver will be instantly notified within the app upon cancellation of the booking. Where a driver declines a ride after adhering to the above rules, EHO reserves the right to deny a cancellation fee.
- Any disputes may be raised via the app.
Data protection contacts
If you have any questions, comments, complaints or suggestions in relation to this notice, or any other concerns about the way in which we process information about you, please contact our Privacy Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are not satisfied with the response from our Privacy Team, you can contact our Data Protection Officer at [email@example.com].
You also have a right to make a complaint to your local privacy supervisory authority